Howdy

Here is whats going on...

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

What's going on

Wow, I cant believe that we are half way thru the semester. As of Friday I will have had a test in every one of my classes. The Genetics "Quest" for knowledge should be fun. I love Dr. Williamson's tests. This week is been pretty nice so far. Its kinda funny since the fair is here the Animal Science teachers are all canceling classes. Last week it was Dr Thomas and Infectious Diseases, this week it is Dr Henson and Advanced meats, sorry guys no fun meat stories from me this week, then Dr. Rodiek is taking us to the Fair for our Stable management lab. This is pretty nice.

I have been working my dogs and horse out a lot lately. I have a field trial coming up and Rocky and Missy need to be in shape to be able to compete in the trial. It has actually been really nice because I have been able to spend time for myself and not have to really concentrate on anything else but that. For those of you who don't know a field trial is where your Sporting Dog runs out in the field and is smelling for birds for its handler. They then point the bird and the handler gets off his or her horse and will go track the bird down and fire a blank shot off as they flush the bird in the air. Well it should be fun because Rocky is sooooooo immature and has not had any training in the field. This is for the the experience and for fun.

So for all you ADX alumni out there I have some pretty exciting news... The Fresno Bee has a weekly section every Saturday called Faith and Values. Well the gentleman who writes the articles for the Faith and Value section is also a teacher at Fresno State. He was walking through a building the other day and saw one of our RUSH flyers, so he decided to call Brooke (our President) and told her he was interested in writing an article about us. He called again on Monday and asked Brooke some more questions and asked if he could come to a meeting to interview people and take some pictures. Well it just happens that Friends and Family is on October 18, this coming Monday, and so we invited him to come (for those of you in town or close by we would love to see you there, it starts at 7:30 and will be at Church of Living Water). We would like him to see what ADX has meant to so many people and how it has influenced peoples lives. God has amazing timing and Is soooo good. I was pretty excited about this.


1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara B said...

The article on ADX sounds awesome. I'd love to see a copy of it when it does come out. Will you let me know - maybe send the article to me via email or tell me when it comes out so I can find it and read it. PTL!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home